This is provided, of course, that you have the perfect space for such gatherings. If you don't, not to worry, the right project can get you there. DIY was made for goals such as this, and a simple weekend project can recreate your backyard space into the outdoor oasis you've always wanted.
Below are six projects you could tackle in a single weekend to recreate your backyard space. Review each to see which inspires you. You can always learn more about the step-by-step process to complete these projects through project blueprints and video at www.realcedar.com.
* A bench for sitting or storage. A beautiful bench that's perfect for sitting or storing comes together in three simple steps. Build the frame from notched pieces of Western Red Cedar, before filling the back with narrow strips of wood to form the back rest. Finally, build the bench and attach it to the frame with a series of hinges, ensuring the door can be opened whenever a little storage space is needed.
* A doggy décor crate. If you're looking for a safe place for your pooch, one where they can rest on their bed without fear of being trampled, a décor crate delivers. The design is available in three different sizes based on the size of your dog and project plans for smaller dogs even include stairs. You can find free, downloadable building plans for each at www.realcedar.com.
* Time to dine on your new table. Great memories are built around the dining room table, so when you want to spend more time outdoors, don't be afraid to take the table with you. Building a stylish cedar table is easier than you think, and the matching benches make for a cozy gathering spot perfect for a collection of family and friends. Follow the simple building plans and remember if you choose to finish your table, you should coat all six sides before installation.
* Modern privacy right in your garden. Your garden is where you spend hours doing hard work, so why not make it a relaxing destination as well? A garden privacy nook can turn your favorite destination into a peaceful oasis with just a few rim joists, carriage bolts and Western Red Cedar two-by-fours. Download the plans at www.realcedar.com and find your oasis today.
Warmer weather is here but the season only lasts so long, so make the most of it while you can. Bring any of these six projects into your backyard and your favorite warm weather hangout space will be a spot you can enjoy all season long.
* Pretty Perennial Shed Garden. Your shed is not just for storage, with the right garden, it can become a beautiful focal point. Our gardening design team has create two different shed gardens, one for sun, one for shade. Download them here and visit our friends at Agway or Country Garden's to find the plants included.