Salt Spray Sheds Policies
Deposit: All buildings, including repairs and door purchases, require a 50% deposit before we are able to add them to our schedule. We cannot hold dates without a deposit.
Final payment: The balance, minus the 50% deposit, is due upon completion of your building. Payments must be arranged within 24 hours of completion.
If you would like to pay by credit card, please call the office, 508-398-1900. Otherwise, please provide a check or cash at the end of the building day. We do not provide financing or extended payment plans at this time. All payments not finalized within 24 hours of completion, will result in a $25.00 late fee.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover, and personal checks.
**If you are not available on the building date, we'd be happy to send over photographs of the shed to your phone or email account.
Refunds: We do offer our customers the option to cancel an order prior to the beginning of building. If an order is canceled Salt Spray Sheds will return the deposited amount, minus 8% for incurred office costs including any scheduled items e.g. boat, hotel, that cause Salt Spray Sheds to incur a cancellation fee. This applies to orders canceled prior to 14 days before your schedule building date, in writing. If it is within the 14-day window prior to your building date, Salt Spray Sheds will return the deposit, minus 8% office costs, and minus any cost of materials which have been ordered for your particular project.
We do not offer a refund policy on completed buildings. You assume the responsibility for your purchase, and no refunds will be issued. If for any reason, additional work is required, it will be covered by the building warranty. Salt Spray Sheds stands behind all of our work.
- It is the responsibility of the homeowner to secure the proper permits prior to the building date. Please check with the local building and/or historic departments for any regulations that may apply to your building and area.
- Salt Spray Sheds can secure shed permitting for all buildings up to 200 square feet, for a fee, on Cape Cod and the Islands. We will happily consult on permitting outside of Cape Cod and the islands.
- Salt Spray Sheds will gladly provide you with any information needed to secure your permit for buildings over 200 square feet including architectural renderings. A charge will apply to secure any necessary drawings.
- Any changes made to the use of the building, prior to the final inspection, which result in change to the permitting are the sole responsibility of the homeowner. Final payment will be due upon building completion not upon final inspection.
- The framing design is owned solely by Salt Spray Sheds and cannot be shared with other providers, without our written consent. There will be times that we will not allowed them to be shared. Due to the nature of our specialized design of larger buildings e.g. garages, cottages, homes we do not unnecessarily share our interior framing designs, as they are specific and customized for each project. We feel it is not appropriate to share engineered plans with just anyone.
- It is the sole responsibility of the homeowner to secure a permit or contract with Salt Spray Sheds to secure the permit on your behalf.
- The homeowner is responsible for understanding and complying with the zoning regulations for all buildings. Salt Spray Sheds does not take responsibility for measuring setbacks prior to a buildings installation. If a building is placed outside of the boundaries set forth by the zoning regulation, a charge will apply to move the building to a new location. This cost may include site or foundation work, to secure a new location.
There may be times when inclement weather effects our ability to build your new shed, barn, garages, or cottage. Inclement weather is not limited to rain, but also includes snow and excessive heat or high winds. Working in extreme conditions can have a negative impact on the health and safety of the building team.
Additionally, there may be times where negative weather impacts our building schedule and will require adjustments. The building team works to keep to the scheduled dates, but we do not want to jeopardize the health or safety of our team and want to ensure we have adequate time to dedicate toward your project. If we are forced to reschedule your building dates, even by one day, does not constitute a breach in contract making Salt Spray Sheds responsible for expenses including but not limited to travel.
CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
Salt Spray Sheds recognizes and fully respects the right to the privacy of your personal information and its confidentiality. From time to time, we may send you an emailing notifying you of a shed sale or new product. However, we want to explicitly state our policies in this regard to confidentiality and privacy are as follows:
- Any information you provide or submit to us, through our web site or in e-mail messages is treated as confidential information.
- None of the information we have about you (name, e-mail or other address, phone numbers, etc.) will ever be sold, provided or made available to any other third parties.
- All information you communicate to us will only be used in relationship to the Salt Spray Sheds and our communications with you in that regard.
- We will never send you any promotions, email messages or other information relating to anything other than our sheds, new shed options available, or local charities we may support, or sales and promotions for our exclusive members, now and in the future.
- If at any point in time you wish to stop receiving further information from us, all you have to do is unsubscribe from our email list.
- If at any point in time you wish for us to erase the information about you in our files, simply request us to do so.
We hope these policies assure you that we will treat your information with the utmost respect regarding your privacy and confidentiality.
We recommend that all sheds be stained or painted upon completion. This will protect the building from the weather. All custom Doors must be primed in areas that are bare wood and painted on all sides. This is the only way to really protect the doors and also the only way to maintain to warranty. This includes all six sides of the door: front/back, top/bottom, and left/right.
Salt Spray Sheds warranties labor, materials and structural soundness for a period of 10 years from the completion date of your structure with proper maintenance. Roof shingles are guaranteed for a period of 30 years. This warranty does not cover neglect, alterations, natural disasters, wind damage or accidents or misuse. Additionally, our warranty does not cover damage or destruction of the components due to a burglary. Additionally, removing components or attempts to alter them, that results in damage, is not covered.
Custom doors and other custom features must be painted or treated on all sides for warranty to be valid. "Natural" doors still require a varnish for protection. Custom doors which are "left to weather" are void from warranty.
Learn more about our door warranty, click here.
Normal Wear and Tear
Normal wear and tear, such as scuffs and scratches to floor and wall surfaces caused by homeowners day-to-day use of the accessory structure.
Normal shrinkage of materials that dry out after construction.
Settling soil or stone base, if one was installed, around the accessory structure.
Repairs to building or doors conducted by third party.
Third Party Damage
Damage arising from municipal services and utilities.
Damage from floods, “acts of God,” wars, riots or vandalism.
Damage from insects or rodents. All buildings are constructed in a manner that discourages rodents from entering the accessory structure.
Damage from third party persons conducting repairs.
Secondary damage caused by defects under warranty. While the defects themselves are covered, the personal or property damage they cause is not. However, your homeowner insurance may cover such secondary or consequential damage.
Personal injury and loss of income associated with defects or repairs.
*All policy changes will appear on this page when adopted by Salt Spray Sheds. Please check back. Salt Spray Sheds reserves the right to change the policy at any time, with or without notice (subject to applicable law).