Salt Spray Sheds Policies
We do not require a site visit prior to building. If you have concerns about the feasibility of your site, we can start by having a telephone discussion. You can also send us photos and videos.
We aim to schedule all site visits when our team is already building in your area at the end or beginning Of the work day. We can work together to find a mutually convenient time for the appointment.
At this time, all site visit on Cape Cod are provided free of charge after your deposit.. Site visits beyond the Sagamore bridge, will result in a one (1) hour minimum of $85 which we will gladly deduct when you schedule a new shed with us. Site visits that require more than two hours of travel, require a minimum $145 charge per hour.
Payment for site visit is due at the time of the visit.
Deposit: All buildings, including repairs and door purchases, require a 25% deposit before we are able to add them to our schedule. We cannot hold dates without a deposit. We understand making a large purchase like a shed barn or garage is an undertaking. However, without a deposit, dates are scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
Final payment: The balance, minus the 25% deposit, is due upon completion of your building. Payments must be arranged within 24 hours of completion.
If you would like to pay by credit card, please call the office, 508-398-1900. Otherwise, please provide a check or cash at the end of the building day. We do not provide financing or extended payment plans at this time. All payments not finalized within 24 hours of completion, will result in a $25.00 late fee.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover, and personal checks.
- If you are not available on the building date, we'd be happy to send over photographs of the shed to your phone or email account.
- We cannot accept checks that have security hold in excessive of 24 hours. If you have a security measure placed on your account, we will gladly accept cash, credit card, or a bank check.
- Final payment cannot be withheld if the courtesy window box and shutters are not on site when your building is complete. They do not impair your ability to use the new building.
- Withholding final payment after the completion of the building or withholding payment when the building is in use, voids the warranty.
Refunds: We do offer our customers the option to cancel an order prior to the beginning of building. If an order is canceled Salt Spray Sheds will return the deposited amount, minus 10% for incurred office costs including any scheduled items e.g. boat, hotel, that cause Salt Spray Sheds to incur a cancellation fee or completed work such as architect fees, permit fees, or engineering fees. This applies to orders canceled prior to 21 days before your schedule building date, in writing. If it is within the 20-day window prior to your building date, Salt Spray Sheds will return the deposit, minus 10% office costs, and minus any cost of materials which have been ordered for your particular project. Additionally, refunds may take up to 30 business days to process.
During times of local, state, or nationwide emergencies or if the area has been designated a disaster area via the local, state or federal government, we are happy to reschedule your building date, but we will not be able to issue refunds. Additionally, we cannot make exceptions to the 10% office costs or the schedule items, materials purchases or completed work.
We do not offer a refund policy on completed buildings. You assume the responsibility for your purchase, and no refunds will be issued. If for any reason, additional work is required, it will be covered by the building warranty. Salt Spray Sheds stands behind all of our work.
- It is the responsibility of the homeowner to secure the proper permits prior to the building date. Please check with the local building and/or historic departments for any regulations that may apply to your building and area.
- Salt Spray Sheds can secure shed permitting for all buildings up to 200 square feet, for a fee, on Cape Cod and the Islands. We will happily consult on permitting outside of Cape Cod and the islands.
- Salt Spray Sheds will gladly provide you with any information needed to secure your permit for buildings over 200 square feet including architectural renderings. A charge will apply to secure any necessary drawings.
- Any changes made to the use of the building, prior to the final inspection, which result in change to the permitting are the sole responsibility of the homeowner. Final payment will be due upon building completion not upon final inspection.
- The framing design is owned solely by Salt Spray Sheds and cannot be shared with other providers, without our written consent. There will be times that we will not allowed them to be shared. Due to the nature of our specialized design of larger buildings e.g. garages, cottages, homes we do not unnecessarily share our interior framing designs, as they are specific and customized for each project. We feel it is not appropriate to share engineered plans with just anyone.
- Payment for engineered stamped plans does not include a right to those plans. The payment is for the time involved, not for ownership.
- We do not have our design team prepare elevations until they are paid for, in full.
- It is the sole responsibility of the homeowner to secure a permit or contract with Salt Spray Sheds to secure the permit on your behalf.
- The homeowner is responsible for understanding and complying with the zoning regulations for all buildings. Salt Spray Sheds does not take responsibility for measuring setbacks prior to a buildings installation. If a building is placed outside of the boundaries set forth by the zoning regulation, a charge will apply to move the building to a new location. This cost may include site or foundation work, to secure a new location.
After receipt of your deposit, your building project will be added to our schedule. We do our best to adhere to the scheduled dates. However, there will be times were adjustments are required.
1. Weather. There may be times when inclement weather effects our ability to build your new shed, barn, garages, or cottage. Inclement weather is not limited to rain, but also includes snow and excessive heat or high winds. Working in extreme conditions can have a negative impact on the health and safety of the building team.
Additionally, there may be times where negative weather impacts our building schedule and will require adjustments. The building team works to keep to the scheduled dates, but we do not want to jeopardize the health or safety of our team and want to ensure we have adequate time to dedicate toward your project. If we are forced to reschedule your building dates, even by one day, does not constitute a breach in contract making Salt Spray Sheds responsible for expenses including but not limited to travel.
2. Other Contracted Work. If you have arranged for other contracted work to begin at your home e.g. landscaping, tree work, concrete/foundation work please understand this may impeded our ability to complete your project. We require space to build, as we are building on site, and the ability to bring our equipment and vehicles to your job site. If we cannot reach your home, we may have to reschedule your building.
3. Electricity. If we begin working on your project, and lose power, we must have access to reset your breaker or contact someone who can arrive within 15 minutes to reset the power. If we do not have access or a contact person, we may not be available to arrive the next day to finish your project.
4. Vendors. If there are specialty items. e.g. windows, doors, siding, that our required to complete your building, we will order them well in advance. Please note, we do not control those vendors and any issues that may arise impeding their manufacturing or delivery. In addition, products may arrive damage requiring a new product to be built and shipped. Regrettably, we cannot control this occurrence other than working with well known manufacturers who tend not to experience these issues. However, it should be noted that inclement weather can affect delivery times.
5. Window box and shutters. The standard window where is a courtesy pair of board and batten shutters and a rough on pine window box. If you opt not to have either item in stalls will not result in a reduction in cost. Additionally it’s on the date Of building installation, we do not have the window box and/or shutters on our truck we will return to install them. However lack of installation will not result in a refund of any amount
6. Unsafe site condition. If your site is unsafe and must rescheduled, we will do our best to add you back into our schedule within 30 days. However, there are always items on our schedule which cannot be moved due to boat and hotel reservations. As always, we will do our best and understand you are eager to get your new building.
7. Reschedule. If you choose to have us stop work on a building or ask to be reschedule, we cannot guaranty immediate rescheduling. Our calendar includes projects with boat and hotel reservation which cannot be rescheduled. Furthermore, we cannot bump building to accommodate a change that we did not make. If you have made the decision to have us stop, we will add you back on to our schedule within 30 days.
There may be times when inclement weather effects our ability to build your new shed, barn, garages, or cottage. Inclement weather is not limited to rain, but also includes snow and excessive heat or high winds. Working in extreme conditions can have a negative impact on the health and safety of the building team.
Additionally, there may be times where negative weather impacts our building schedule and will require adjustments. The building team works to keep to the scheduled dates, but we do not want to jeopardize the health or safety of our team and want to ensure we have adequate time to dedicate toward your project. If we are forced to reschedule your building dates, even by one day, does not constitute a breach in contract making Salt Spray Sheds responsible for expenses including but not limited to travel. If you are concerned that the weather may have impacted your date, please reach out to us, particularly if you are traveling from any distance to be at the property for the build.
We recommend that all sheds be stained or painted upon completion. This will protect the building from the weather. All custom Doors must be primed in areas that are bare wood and painted on all sides. This is the only way to really protect the doors and also the only way to maintain to warranty. This includes all six sides of the door: front/back, top/bottom, and left/right.
Salt Spray Sheds warranties labor, materials and structural soundness for a period of 10 years from the completion date of your structure with proper maintenance. Roof shingles are guaranteed for a period of 30 years. This warranty does not cover neglect, alterations, natural disasters, wind damage or accidents or misuse. Additionally, our warranty does not cover damage or destruction of the components due to a burglary. Additionally, removing components or attempts to alter them, that results in damage, is not covered. The warranty is not provided if payment in full is not received by our office.
Custom doors and other custom features must be painted or treated on all sides for warranty to be valid. "Natural" doors still require a varnish for protection. Custom doors which are "left to weather" are void from warranty. Custom doors which have not been primed and painted within two weeks are void from warranty. Any doors which need to be adjusted and our out of warranty will result in an appointment fee of $85. Additionally, if doors require an adjustment, the adjusted areas must be repainted or the warranty is void. If they have not been reprimed and painted, the warranty is void.
Custom doors which have been adjusted by companies or persons other than Salt Spray Sheds, are void from warranty. We can gladly refer you to a painter.
Learn more about our door warranty, click here.
Normal Wear and Tear
Normal wear and tear, such as scuffs and scratches to floor and wall surfaces caused by homeowners day-to-day use of the accessory structure.
Normal shrinkage of materials that dry out after construction.
Settling soil or stone base, if one was installed, around the accessory structure.
Repairs to building or doors conducted by third party.
Third Party Damage
Damage arising from municipal services and utilities.
Damage from floods, “acts of God,” wars, riots or vandalism.
Damage from insects, animals, or rodents. All buildings are constructed in a manner that discourages rodents from entering the accessory structure.
Damage from third party persons conducting repairs.
Secondary damage caused by defects under warranty. While the defects themselves are covered, the personal or property damage they cause is not. However, your homeowner insurance may cover such secondary or consequential damage.
Personal injury and loss of income associated with defects or repairs.
*All policy changes will appear on this page when adopted by Salt Spray Sheds. Please check back. Salt Spray Sheds reserves the right to change the policy at any time, with or without notice (subject to applicable law).
If your building will not accommodate the standard ramp, a platform or stairs may be required. This is provided by Salt Spray Sheds at an additional costs. We cannot exchange a ramp for stairs.
Window Box and Shutter Custom Order
If you would like to order custom window boxes and shutters for your building or an older building, those items must be paid in full prior
Window box and shutters. The standard fixed window comes with a courtesy pair of board and batten shutters and a rough sawn pine window box. Opting not to have either item installed will not result in a reduction in cost. Additionally if on the date of building installation, we do not have the window box and/or shutters on our truck we will return to install them. Lack of installation will not result in a refund of any amount or a refusal to pay the remaining balance. Additionally, if you opt to have us not install the window box and shutters, but change your mind at a later time, we will gladly schedule you for an install and a minimum one hour charge of $85.
Landscaping Site Work, and Land Survey:
If are planning on having a shed installed as part of a landscaping project, we suggest that you have your shed installed prior to the installation of seed or sod. We are not responsible for damage to lawns, seed, or sod.
Additionally, we do everything we can to protect the existing landscaping. However, if there are times where you have okayed us parking our vehicle on the lawn we will do everything in our power to avoid any disruption to the landscaping including the lawn but there may be interesting instances where tire marks or divot's are s are left behind.
Each year we develop and implement structural and aesthetic changes to our buildings to improve the quality and appearance. Not all pictures reflect current availability in building products. Subject to change without notice.
If you need site work, we will gladly refer you to a landscaper. Landscaping work is not part of the work we will perform. We build your shed, we do not do site work.
Additionally, if you are unsure of your lot lines, we can refer you to a land surveyor who can help you identify them. It is not part of the work we do.
Changes to Existing Estimates
If you decide to make changes to an estimate after we’ve received a deposit or after 14 days from the original estimate, current pricing will be used. The fluctuating lumber cost make it impossible to revert to previous pricing. We will do our best work within your budget.
Building time frame
A new shed, barn, or garage, of any size, make take longer than one day to build. We do our best to keep the time frame as short as possible, but we also do not rush for quality and safety purposes. Additionally if you have asked us to stop building due to company, not being available, or other conflicts in your schedule, we will do our best to complete your building within 30 days from the start date. However, our schedule contains projects with non-refundable reservation that cannot be change.
Additionally, we will do our best to make time to answer any questions regarding upcoming projects. However, there may be times when we are in the midst of working on current projects and it may take us more than the usual time frame to return your calls for additional answers or answers to previously discussed items. We are a family business doing our absolute best to provide for every customer and project. We value your business.
We arrive at your property with a truck of lumber to build your new accessory structure. If the location that you would like us to build is further than 24 feet from where we can park the box truck there will be a carry charge.
To determine if the location is further than 25 feet we encourage you to walk from where you would like us to park the truck, count how many steps you’ve taken and times that by two. If you are still not sure we welcome you to send us a short video or we can arrange for a site visit to verify the distance between the truck and the building location.
CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
Salt Spray Sheds recognizes and fully respects the right to the privacy of your personal information and its confidentiality. From time to time, we may send you an emailing notifying you of a shed sale or new product. However, we want to explicitly state our policies in this regard to confidentiality and privacy are as follows:
- Any information you provide or submit to us, through our web site or in e-mail messages is treated as confidential information.
- None of the information we have about you (name, e-mail or other address, phone numbers, etc.) will ever be sold, provided or made available to any other third parties.
- All information you communicate to us will only be used in relationship to the Salt Spray Sheds and our communications with you in that regard.
- We will never send you any promotions, email messages or other information relating to anything other than our sheds, new shed options available, or local charities we may support, or sales and promotions for our exclusive members, now and in the future.
- If at any point in time you wish to stop receiving further information from us, all you have to do is unsubscribe from our email list.
- If at any point in time you wish for us to erase the information about you in our files, simply request us to do so.
We hope these policies assure you that we will treat your information with the utmost respect regarding your privacy and confidentiality.