(BPT) - Your focus changes during the warm weather months. Your backyard becomes your new living room and the most memorable evenings are spent outdoors with friends and loved ones.
This is provided, of course, that you have the perfect space for such gatherings. If you don't, not to worry, the right project can get you there. DIY was made for goals such as this, and a simple weekend project can recreate your backyard space into the outdoor oasis you've always wanted.
Below are six projects you could tackle in a single weekend to recreate your backyard space. Review each to see which inspires you. You can always learn more about the step-by-step process to complete these projects through project blueprints and video at www.realcedar.com.
* A bar for the deck. A deck bar is an easy weekend project to house your cooler and act as a serving station for weekend events. Start this project by laminating four two-by-sixes together to form the top. Cut notches from four four-by-fours to build the legs for the bar and add the adjoining pieces to build the outside of the frame. Then add your cooler and connect your top to the frame with a hinge for a finished look.
* A bench for sitting or storage. A beautiful bench that's perfect for sitting or storing comes together in three simple steps. Build the frame from notched pieces of Western Red Cedar, before filling the back with narrow strips of wood to form the back rest. Finally, build the bench and attach it to the frame with a series of hinges, ensuring the door can be opened whenever a little storage space is needed.
* A doggy décor crate. If you're looking for a safe place for your pooch, one where they can rest on their bed without fear of being trampled, a décor crate delivers. The design is available in three different sizes based on the size of your dog and project plans for smaller dogs even include stairs. You can find free, downloadable building plans for each at www.realcedar.com.
* Time to dine on your new table. Great memories are built around the dining room table, so when you want to spend more time outdoors, don't be afraid to take the table with you. Building a stylish cedar table is easier than you think, and the matching benches make for a cozy gathering spot perfect for a collection of family and friends. Follow the simple building plans and remember if you choose to finish your table, you should coat all six sides before installation.
* Modern privacy right in your garden. Your garden is where you spend hours doing hard work, so why not make it a relaxing destination as well? A garden privacy nook can turn your favorite destination into a peaceful oasis with just a few rim joists, carriage bolts and Western Red Cedar two-by-fours. Download the plans at www.realcedar.com and find your oasis today.
Warmer weather is here but the season only lasts so long, so make the most of it while you can. Bring any of these six projects into your backyard and your favorite warm weather hangout space will be a spot you can enjoy all season long.
* Pretty Perennial Shed Garden. Your shed is not just for storage, with the right garden, it can become a beautiful focal point. Our gardening design team has create two different shed gardens, one for sun, one for shade. Download them here and visit our friends at Agway or Country Garden's to find the plants included.
Salt Spray Sheds
Download our free garden shed plans for the sun and shade here
© Salt Spray Sheds 1994-2022 · Family Owned and Operated
Building Post and Beam Accessory Buildings,
Year Round, at Your Property
235 Great Western Rd, S. Dennis, MA 02660
The office is experiencing higher than normal call volume and office appointments, we encourage you to email us for a quote or questions.
(The office will be closed from Friday November 18th to Monday, November 21st.
Office Hours M - F 10 am to 2 pm.
*Please note, the office is closed on all federal holidays.
We encourage contacting us via email for quotes